For information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, click here .
DISRUPT Limited, trading as DISRUPT, or our related companies (“we” or “us”) may gather the following types of information about users including you (“you”):
- personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you use or purchase our products or services, when you subscribe or register to use our products or services, and when you provide us with your feedback or respond to surveys you are asked to participate in;
- aggregated information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic to and from our sites but does not relate to you personally; and
- other information that does not personally identify you.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain products or services not being available to you.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose:
- all information that we gather, including your personal information, to our related companies;
- aggregated tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you to third parties;
- your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law;
- your personal information to other third parties provided we have your prior authorisation, which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
We may use the personal information we collect:
- for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details where these are necessary to access any of our products or services;
- for authorising and processing credit card transactions which you enter into online;
- to assist in providing the products and services requested by you;
- to provide information to you about other websites, products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you;
- for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- for ensuring that you are shown the advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- for any other uses that you authorise.
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with our sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of our sites or services. Our sites contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Cookies and Tracking
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile telephone, smartphone or other device that you use to access our products or services. Where you allow our mobile services and products to deliver content based on your location (by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data. This information is used only for the automated delivery of relevant content to you and for no other purpose.
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (Windows, Linux or OS X), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the site from NZ or elsewhere). We may use the information generated by “cookies” to:
- track traffic patterns to and from our sites such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
- enable you to use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain information when you and other Internet users visit our websites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) and precise geo location and user device identification (if you have provided your consent to us) during your visits to this site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or other technology to collect this information. To learn more about this interest based advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org . Third party companies may also use your non-personal information collected in this way in aggregated form or for statistical purposes.
Visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for a comprehensive guide on how to control and delete cookies on a wide range of web browsers and operating systems.
DISRUPT or our related companies contract with online measurement companies and other service providers to manage and optimise our Internet business and communications. These companies collect information about visits to our site to assist us in analysing the site’s performance and advertising effectiveness and optimising the site for readers and marketers.
Opting in and Opting Out
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to this website, receiving newsletters or promotional activities.
Changes to Policy
Holding, Correcting and Updating
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us.. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this policy, contact us by email at email@example.com .
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here .